T H E O ' S
Century of Movies
("The stuff that dreams are made of")
FEATURING THE SAME
SNAZZY WEB DESIGN SINCE 1996
[Last 5 films seen (reverse chronological
order) : TOMMASO (V) (69) ; ABOUT ENDLESSNESS (V) (66) ; THE NEW MUTANTS (42) ; FIRST COW (V) (78) ; TUGBOAT M 17 (1933) (V) (62) ]
(Also doing a half-assed film diary at
NOTE TO LONG-SUFFERING READERS: Changed ISP again, hopefully for the last time. Every single file is here, and always has been - so, when you find 'leonardo.spidernet.net/Artus/2386' or 'my.primehome.com/theodorospa' in the url, simply replace them with 'theoscentury.com' (while keeping the file name) and everything will be fine. Sorry for the manual labo(u)r but I think it'll be okay, there's probably an app you can use or something, I've been here since 1996 how is that even possible...
Deserve's Got Nothin' to Do With
You Wouldn't Like It, the Pay's
Corliss, 1969, 1980-1997, 2001-05, 2007-14
- Judith Crist, 1963-67,
1969-74, 1976, 1982, 1984-85
magazine, 1965, 1981-2015
Scope" magazine, 2005-19
magazine (US), 1987-2006
magazine (Greece), 1990-2008
York Times", 1924-1998
- Dave Kehr, Jonathan Rosenbaum, Cahiers du Cinéma,
Siskel & Ebert and a whole bunch of others available, as I'm sure you
know, at Eric C. Johnson's
Crisp Apple Kettles and Mittens
Hasta la Vista, Baby
- Started writing film reviews for the Cyprus Mail in 1997, a couple of months after launching this website (I actually showed them the reviews on the site to get the job). Mostly walked away in 2020, spurred by the pandemic and a growing feeling of irrelevance, though I'm still at the paper and may be doing the occasional write-up. A partial archive - under my pseudonym 'Preston Wilder' - is here.
Visits? That Would Indicate Visitors!
- Mike D'Angelo,
22nd-greatest critic of all time, has re-designed his website, making me the
only 20th-century holdout on the Internet.
- Now based in Houston, eloquent diehard Michael Sicinski
takes a bold first step on the road back to Berkeley (his spiritual home). And
there was much rejoicing.
- Matt Lotti
does the best Links ever. If only he liked the occasional movie, he'd be just about perfect.
- Jeremy Heilman (a.k.a. the Movie
Martyr) watches all the films you and I don't have the time or inclination
to see. And he watches all the other films too, just to make sure.
- Jason Overbeck
is the only person on this list with an Oscar-winning film on his
- Vadim Rizov has been mugged, laid off,
punched in the face, and tormented by a dog named Chloe. And through it all, he
just can't stop writing.
- Dan Sallitt's
favourite films lists (red? blue? purple?) have shaped a generation.
- Steve Erickson has been Chronicling his Passion(s) - which now include making electronic music - since the 90s.
- "Rightwing film geek" Victor
Morton is too hard on himself ; some might say he makes a religion out of
it. He also updates about as often as the Pope sings in Swahili.
- I don't know why it's taken so long to include
Prigge on these Links, but I've been meaning to do it for ages.
- Bilge Ebiri and I have some Eastern
Mediterranean genes in common - except he got the one that allows him to be
knowledgeable about every film ever made, and I didn't.
- Life's little pleasures include watching old movies then checking to see
what Fernando Croce
has to say about them.
- I don't know who GravyMovie
is, but he's seen over 10,000 films so that's gotta be a good thing (right?).
- IMDb users think The Shawshank Redemption is
the greatest film of all time. Yet they also include Matthew
Wilder and Darragh
- The Daily and
Movie City News
make me feel well-informed.
- Rouge and Senses
of Cinema make me feel intellectual.
just makes me feel good about myself. I can't explain it.
The Beginning of a Beautiful
Got something to say?
Copyright Theo Panayides 1996-2020